The Community Gallery is soliciting exhibit theme suggestions from the community in order to provide thought-provoking and exciting exhibits. Exhibition themes are approved by the Community Gallery Advisory Committee and the Arts Commission and will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria:
1) Coordination with significant local cultural or social events.
2) Providing an opportunity for local artists/artisans to expand their professional exhibition experience and enrich professional disciplines through meeting press requirements, interacting with the public, performing demonstrations, assisting in workshops, etc.
3) Grounded in some historical context which further promotes understanding of the culture of Santa Fe and New Mexico.
4) Offer educational opportunities for the community to better understand local art, artists/artists, artistic processes or art history.
5) Collaborate with a minimum of 2 local community organizations to offer the widest inclusion of the public and create a synergistic forum for the advancement of the arts.
A goal of the gallery is to offer the broadest inclusion for all artists and involve a large portion of the local population by offering more than the display of artwork. Exhibitions feature programs and events that invite a varied and diverse audience. Interested parties are encouraged to submit their theme ideas to:
Community Gallery Manager
City of Santa Fe Arts Commission
PO Box 909
Santa Fe, NM 87504
Please include a list of possible artists for your suggested theme AND an explanation of why you feel your theme meets exhibit criteria and how it includes the larger community.