If the incident happened in another city can I file a report using this online reporting system?

No. If a crime took place outside of the city limits, you must make your report in the city where the incident took place.

What do I do if online reporting is not right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 911.
If it is not an emergency, call the Santa Fe Police non-emergency number at (505) 428-3710.

What if the incident happened on a state highway?

If the incident took place on a state highway, call the New Mexico State Police at (505) 827-9300.

What is a "Known Suspect"?

"Known Suspect" refers to the fact that you or another individual know the suspect, or where to find the suspect, who has allegedly committed the crime in question. It can also mean that you or another individual know the license plate number of the vehicle that the suspect(s) were seen in.