Parking Division Office Hours:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
8:30 am - 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Phone: (505) 955-6581
To dispute a parking citation, you must do the following within fifteen days from the date of issuance:
Request for Administrative Review:
The recipient of a parking citation may submit, in writing within fifteen days from the date of issuance of the parking citation, a request for an Administrative Review of the citation. You may submit your Citizen Request for Administrative Review online or by visiting the Parking Division Administrative Office. If you get an error message that your citation is unavailable, please complete our Administrative Review form in English or en Español.
- Any pictures, evidence of payment, etc., must be submitted at the time of appeal. You are responsible for attaching all necessary documents with the Administrative Review form to ensure a fair and thorough review is completed. Please send additional evidence via email to email@example.com.
- Parking Violations Bureau (PVB) staff will conduct an administrative review based on the evidence provided and decide on the citizen’s review request. Appellants will be notified of the decision within four to twelve weeks via letter to the address provided in their request.
Request for Administrative Hearing:
If all PVB-defined requirements are met, and a request for an administrative hearing has been received from the registered owner within fifteen days following the mailing date of the administrative review decision:
- The administrative hearing date will be selected based on the Hearing Officer’s schedule and availability. The citizen’s availability will be accommodated based on the Hearing Officer’s schedule and availability.
- An amount equal to the original citation fine shall be submitted with the request for an Administrative Hearing. This payment will be held as a deposit until the Hearing Officer has made a decision.
- If the decision of the Hearing Officer is in favor of the appellant, then the deposited amount will be returned to the registered owner of the vehicle, or if the deposit was made in the form of a check, then the deposit will be returned to the account holder of the checking account.
- If the Hearing Officer upholds the citation, then the deposited amount shall be applied to other unpaid parking citations directly linked to the registered owner in the order of the oldest citation being paid first until the deposited amount is fully consumed.
- If a balance of the deposited amount remains after all outstanding citations have been paid, then the remaining balance will be returned to the registered owner, or if the deposit was made in the form of a check, then the balance of the deposit will be returned to the account holder of the checking account.