The City of Santa Fe Fire Departments 2024 - 37th Cadet Academy Testing Process is as follows:
- October 30th – Firefighter Entry-Level Written Testing
- October 31st – November 1st – Physical Ability Testing
- November 1st – November 2nd – Pack Testing – The U.S. Forest Service Arduous Work Capacity Pack Test (3-mile walk with a 45 lb. weighted vest, completed in 46 minutes and 15 seconds)
- November 6th – November 9th – Initial Interviews & Chiefs Final Selection Interview
Each of these testing phases must be successfully completed in succession.
Written testing takes place at:
Santa Fe Community Convention Center
201 West Marcy Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Physical Ability Testing takes place at:
Fire Station 5 – Training Division
1130 Siler Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Required Items to Bring: Picture ID that lists DOB, full-fingered work gloves, water, athletic clothing (pants and long sleeve shirt are recommended), athletic shoes, or boots (no open-toe shoes).
- Recommended Items to Bring: Kneepads or knee sleeves. Optional Items: Sunblock and snacks.
Physical Ability Test Overview
Pack Testing takes place at:
Frenchy’s Field/Santa Fe River Trail
2001 Agua Fria
Santa Fe, NM 87505
- If you successfully pass our written test with a score of 70% or higher, we will schedule you to return on one of the dates above for our Physical Ability Testing (PAT). If you successfully pass our PAT, we will schedule you on one of the above dates for Pack Testing.
- If you have a valid certificate of completion for our PAT within the last year and you pass the written test, you will move directly to being scheduled for pack testing on one of the above dates.
- If you pass all these portions of our testing process, we will schedule you for interviews on the week of November 6th.