The Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency is hosting a free electronic (e-waste) collection drive-thru event for Santa Fe city and county residents at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station (BuRRT) on Saturday, October 1, from 9 am to 1 pm. The drive-thru format lets you stay in your vehicle while trained staff unloads the e-waste from your trunk or pickup bed. E-waste is electronic equipment that is near or at the end of its useful life. Certain components of e-waste contain toxic materials such as lead, mercury and cadmium. E-waste should not be disposed with regular trash.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the Agency continues to practice the following protocols and requests all customers to the same:
- Wear a mask.
- Stay in their vehicle.
- Place their e-waste in the trunk/pickup bed for trained staff to unload it.
- Limit two people.
Acceptable e-waste includes:
- Computers, keyboards, mice, cables
- Monitors, televisions, cords
- Laptops, printers, scanners
- Telephones, cell phones, tablets, cameras
- Gaming systems and stereo equipment
- Small appliances, microwaves, toasters
Do not bring:
- Rear-projection televisions
- Large CRT televisions
- Lightbulbs, fluorescent bulbs
- Smoke alarms
- Large appliances, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers
- Household hazardous waste, paints, motor oils, chemicals
E-waste from businesses will not be accepted.
E-waste mixed with trash, household hazardous waste or green waste will be subject to a tipping fee.
For more information, please call 424-1850 or visit SantaFeRecycling.org.