With excellence and integrity, the Finance Department is committed to building public trust through sound financial management and innovative and effective business decisions while protecting the City’s assets and ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations. We are committed to providing timely, accurate, clear, and concise information to the City’s leadership and departments with exemplary customer service.
The Audit Committee is an independent advisory committee pursuant to the City of Santa Fe Municipal Charter.
The purpose of the audit committee is to provide an independent body to review such internal and external audits, assessments, and investigations of the city's finances and financial systems as may be conducted from time to time and to advise the city manager, the finance committee and the governing body regarding such audits, assessments, and investigations, and to recommend the adoption of policies and procedures with respect thereto as will promote the transparency, accountability, efficiency, and effectiveness of city government for the citizens of Santa Fe.
The Audit Committee shall:
- Participate in the selection of the internal auditor, of any independent contractor charged with performing any internal audit functions for the city, and of any external auditors;
- Review and recommend for approval by the finance committee any internal audit plan proposed by the internal auditor or any contractor performing internal audit functions for the city and any modifications thereto;
- Independently review all internal and external audits, assessments, and investigations of the city as may be conducted from time to time, including audits and reviews conducted by federal and state agencies, and make recommendations to the city manager, the finance committee, and the governing body regarding actions which may be necessary or appropriate in light of any findings, corrective action plans or issues identified in such audits, assessments or investigations;
- Review and make recommendations to the finance committee regarding the city's comprehensive annual financial report;
- Assure that all audits certify that they conform to generally accepted government auditing standards;
- Assure that the internal audit functions are independent in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards, whether performed by city staff or outside contractors, or any combination thereof;
- Receive a presentation of and review the city's financial reports periodically, but not less than twice per fiscal year;
- Advise, review, and make recommendations for other matters as requested by the city manager, the finance committee, or governing body.
Meeting Agendas and Packets
Schedule Of Meetings
Audit Committee meetings are generally held quarterly via Zoom. These meetings are open to the public pursuant to the Open Meetings Act.
Click Here for meeting agendas and packets. Meetings times and variations are noted.
Randy W Grissom
Member position available
Internal Audit Reports
External Annual Audit Reports
Quarterly Financial Performance Reports
FY 2020 Financial Performance Report Quarter 3