The City of Santa Fe continues to adapt and modify procedures with the goal of minimizing interpersonal contact and reducing the spread of COVID-19, all while continuing to deliver essential services.
The following Santa Fe Municipal Court procedures will be implemented until further notice as part of our response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
If you have an upcoming arraignment please call (505) 955-5070 to set up a telephonic hearing. Please leave a message as the Court does have staff on a reduced schedule answering calls and returning voicemails and emails.
If you have an upcoming pre-trial conference please see the contact information below:
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you are represented by the Public Defender, please call David Thomas at (505) 955-6052 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to apply for the Public Defender, please call Cindy Hagman at (505) 955-5108 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to represent yourself, please call City Prosecutor Kyle Hibner at (505) 955-5195 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have a private defense attorney please contact them directly.
If you have a motions hearing, evidentiary hearing, or criminal trial - these will be conducted in person at the municipal court.
Court-ordered payments can be made online at www.citepayusa.com. To access a case, you must have the exact court case number or the citation number, as well as their date of birth. The service provider will charge a fee of 5.95% of the fines or fees for the service.
Court-required documentation (Community Service, Defensive Driving, etc.) can be submitted to the following email: MuniCtServices@santafenm.gov. Please include your contact information and case/citation number.
Traffic summons, proof of license, and registration insurance can be submitted to the following email: SFMuniCourt@santafenm.gov. Please include your contact information and case/citation number.
Santa Fe Municipal Court encourages Defendants and Attorneys to fax file at 505-955-5159.
We thank everyone for their understanding during these extraordinary times.
The Mission of the Santa Fe Municipal Court is to administer justice to the people of Santa Fe in a fair, equitable, efficient, professional and consistent manner. The Court seeks to serve as a model court for the state.
The purpose of the municipal court is to provide a fair, impartial, and efficient court system for violations of city ordinances.
The Municipal Court oversees the following cases:
To look up a court schedule or docket, click the link above. Please read the disclaimer and then click the log-in button. You will be directed to the public portal. There are three menus on the top navigation bar. They are:
- Searches: this menu includes searching by a case Attorney, Officer, Party, Police Reference Number, or Vehicle Plate.
- Cases: if the actual court docket number is known, this is where the number can be entered.
- Scheduling: this is the court calendar. It will default to today's date and it will display the individual docket types for the day.