The Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency is hosting a free electronic (e-waste) collection drive-thru event for Santa Fe City and County residents at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station (BuRRT) on Saturday, October 2, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The drive-thru format lets you stay in your vehicle while trained staff unloads the e-waste from your trunk or pickup bed. E-waste is electronic equipment that is near or at the end of its useful life. Certain components of e-waste contain toxic materials such as lead, mercury, and cadmium. E-waste should not be disposed of with regular trash.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all residents must:
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Stay in their vehicle.
- Place their e-waste in the trunk/pickup bed for trained staff to unload it.
- Limit to one trip.
Acceptable e-waste includes:
- Computers, keyboards, mice, cables
- Monitors, televisions
- Laptops, printers, scanners
- Cell phones, tablets, cameras
- Gaming systems and stereo equipment
- Small appliances, microwaves, toasters
Do not bring:
- Rear-projection televisions
- Large CRT televisions
- Lightbulbs, fluorescent bulbs
- Smoke alarms
- Large appliances, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers
- Household hazardous waste, paints, motor oils, chemicals
E-waste from businesses will not be accepted.
E-waste mixed with trash, household hazardous waste, or green waste will be subject to a tipping fee.
For more information, please call 424-1850 x 130 or visit SantaFeRecycling.org.
Contact: Rosalie Cardenas, HR Officer/Admin. Assistant 424-1850, ext. 150