The Bicycle and Trail Advisory Committee (BTAC) was created on September 24. 2003 via Resolution No. 2003-87 to ensure implementation of the city’s plan and policies related to bicycle and pedestrian trails and to advise the Governing Body on such matters.
The Committee shall
- Prioritize bicycle and pedestrian trail-related projects to be completed using CIP, state, and federal funds;
- Review all phases of the project's design and construction;
- Advise on policies, programs, and ordinances as they relate to bicycle and pedestrian trail safety, design, and construction;
- Organize media and educational campaigns to provide information and promote bicycle and pedestrian trail-related activities and education;
- Work with other agencies for the enhancement of city and county trail systems;
- Review and recommend Parks Master Plan updates related to trails;
- Seek funding from city, state, and federal sources;
- Pursue designation of the city of Santa Fe as a bicycle-friendly city; and
- Advise on policies, projects, ordinances, and funding as they relate to cycling and pedestrians as safe alternative means of transportation on roads and trails.
The Committee shall consist of:
- Members of City Council who shall also serve as its Chair; and Eight members of the public, of whom seven shall be City residents and one who may be a County resident.
Members shall represent a balance of recreational, commuter, biking, pedestrian, youth, and neighborhood groups users.
Committee members will serve two-year terms with no limitation to reappointment. Members shall serve at the pleasure of the Governing Body and may be removed at any time with or without cause.
The Committee's monthly meetings are open to the public and are currently held via Zoom Webinar on the second Thursday of each month from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Click here to access meeting dates, agenda, and information. Each meeting has time reserved for public comment. Individuals planning to make comments are encouraged to notify the Staff Liaison by phone at 505-955-6623 or by email at: email@example.com in advance.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meeting minutes can be found by clicking here. Scroll down to the archived Meetings, and from the list of committees, select the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, and then click on the three dots to allow a download of the minutes for the specific meeting in pdf format.