With spring upon us, being outside on a bike sounds just right! Santa Fe Bike Month includes something for everyone: social rides around town, group bike rides to school, organized trail rides for the dirt fanatics, a bike swap for buyers and sellers, educational opportunities, races, and more.
Numerous businesses are providing a discount or freebie to patrons who arrive by bicycle! Show your helmet to receive free garlic knots with a large pizza at Back Road Pizza, happy hour prices all day at Second Street Brewery, 10% off at Dolina and Cafecito, and more. You can even save on groceries when you shop by bike!
Don’t have a bike? Adults over 18 can borrow one for free during open hours at the Fort Marcy Recreation Complex and the Genoveva Chavez Community Center. The City of Santa Fe Recreation Division also offers instructor-led bike rides from the Fort Marcy Recreation Complex Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10am-11am.
Other May events and offerings include:
- National Bike to School Day group rides: May 2-4
- Full Moon Bike Ride: Friday, May 5
- Bike Santa Fe (Re)launch Party: Saturday, May 6
- Santa Fe Bike Swap: Sunday, May 7
- Bike in Concert at Ghost: Saturday, May 13
- Friends of Architecture Urban Bike Tour: Sunday, May 14
- Second Street Scavenger Hunt Bike Ride: Sunday, May 14
- National Bike to Work Day: Friday, May 19
- All About E-Bikes AARP Presentation: Friday, May 19
- Your Road to Health and Wealth… by Bicycle! AARP Presentation: Saturday, May 20
- All ages Baiku (bicycle haiku) contest: Submission Deadline Tuesday, May 23
- Santa Fe Century: May 20-21
- Group bikepacking overnighter: Saturday, May 27
Find event listings and discount details on the Bike Month website.
Organizers and sponsors of Santa Fe Bike Month include: Santa Fe MPO, City of Santa Fe, BTI, Santa Fe Conservation Trust, Santa Fe Railyard Park Conservancy, Back Road Pizza, Betterday Coffee, La Montanita Co-op, Santa Fe Fat Tire Society, AARP, and more.