Youth Arts Work
The City of Santa Fe Arts Commission is committed to supporting a continuum of opportunities for youth to benefit from our community's cultural resources. Our work centers on five key areas:
- Developing and expanding the capacity of young people to thrive.
- Ensuring all students have access to in-school and/or after-school arts education programs; be a resource for such programs.
- Strengthening the role of culture in education.
- Fostering the development of mentoring, internship, and apprenticeship programs in the creative sector.
- Partnering with youth organizations and agencies across our community.
Some of the programs and services we provide in support of these areas are:
- The Youth Culture Passport program provides free access to cultural events and attractions throughout the summer and winter holidays.
- Free and low-cost, family-friendly programming throughout the summer via Southside Summer.
- Funding for public art projects that engage young people through IGNITE.
- Exhibits and programming in the Community Gallery.
- Financial investment in ArtWorks, a program of Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools.
- Presentation of the annual Melissa Engestrom Youth Artist Award as part of the Mayor's Arts Awards.
- Grant support for arts learning projects and educational opportunities through our Cultural Investment Program partners.
Para ver esta página en español, por favor presione el botón
"Translate" que se halla en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.