Training Division Mission
- To maintain a high level of training for Santa Fe Fire Department (SFFD) personnel by:
- Implementing and applying new technologies
- Training in both the classroom and hands-on
- Facilitating the training of entry-level firefighters through the Cadet Academy.
Fire Cadet Training
The Cadet Academy consists of a 20-week, structured academy in which each cadet is challenged mentally and physically.
The objective of the Academy is to ensure that all new, entry-level employees are physically and mentally capable of performing the job of a Firefighter/EMT.
Upon completion of the Cadet Academy, each cadet will be an IFSAC certified Firefighter as well as an EMT-B through the State of New Mexico. Their training will also include hazardous materials operations, basic wildland firefighting skills, and technical rescue operations.
Thinking of Applying?
SFFD's hiring process includes the following:
- Written exam
- Physical Ability Course and Red Card Pack Test
- Interview panel
- Background check
- Physiological Evaluation
- Drug Screening
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for hiring announcements!