Sign Up for the Wrecker Rotation List
Towing companies are called upon to haul away vehicles involved in traffic crashes, seizures, or for evidential purposes. The vehicle owner pays the companies, and the department values the companies’ quick responses and services. This is a great program for both parties involved. Licensed tow truck companies who would like to be on the Santa Fe Police Department’s wrecker rotation list can now sign up to participate in this community partnership. Any towing company interested in taking part in the service rotation must register with the department during the final selection process. A list will be posted when it is complete.
Applications are accepted from April 1st to May 31st every year.
Please note: Companies already on the rotation list must also reapply before the May 31st deadline if they want to continue providing their services. All companies must renew their contracts with the department annually.
To qualify, a company must:
- be within a ten-mile radius of the city limits
- comply with the Public Regulatory Commission
- undergo an SFPD application process and inspection
Interested parties must:
- Fill out an application which can be downloaded below
- Pay a $400 fee. Payments should be made out to the City of Santa Fe.
- Schedule and pass an inspection.
Applications are also available for pick up during business hours at the main police station at 2515 Camino Entrada.