Where is the Santa Fe Police Department located?

2515 Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM 87507 


What is the current Police Chief's name? 

Paul Joye


How can I get a copy of a police report or a crash report?

If you need to obtain a police report or records regarding a traffic accident, criminal case, or other police-related matter, they can be obtained at no cost at https://cityofsantafenm.nextrequest.com


How do I get a close patrol in my neighborhood? 

Call the Regional Emergency Communication Center at 505-438-3710 for a close patrol request (2-week duration). 


How do I attend the Citizen's Academy, and what are the costs and dates? 

The Santa Fe Police Department Crime Prevention Unit is in charge of the Citizen's Academy 505-955-5218. Classes run for 12 weeks on Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Locations vary weekly. The total cost for the entire class is $45.00. Classes are held twice a year, in February and September.


Who do I contact for information about Neighborhood Watch? 

Sgt. Celestino Lopez 505-955-5688 cmlopez@santafenm.gov

Officer Erica Montoya 505-955-5282 edmontoya@santafenm.gov


What's the number for Police Records? 



What investigations sergeant is in charge of my case?

Contact the Chief's office at 505-955-5038. If you do not have a case #, call dispatch at 505-438-3710.


Where do I file a police report? 

Some reports can be filed online. Please go to the City of Santa Fe website, www.santafenm.gov, or visit the cop logic page within this site http://www.coplogic.com. You may also file a report at Santa Fe Police Department Headquarters (2515 Camino Entrada) or call dispatch at 505-428-3710 for non-emergency.


Where do I file a complaint?

Commanders throughout the department handle complaints depending on the area the complaint is pertaining to. A formal complaint can be filed with Professional Standards at 505-955-5122 or online here


My vehicle was impounded. Where is it? 

You may call 505-955-5030. If the vehicle was impounded for DWI or a Revoked license, contact the DWI Vehicle Forfeiture Program at 505-955-5042.


Where do I go to pay a citation? 

Please refer to the citation for the agency that issued the ticket and what court you are assigned to (Municipal Court, Magistrate Court, or Parking Division).


How do I get a background check? What's the fee and location? 

A form must be filled out at the Santa Fe Police Department Records Division, 2651 Siringo Road-Building I, or 2515 Camino Entrada. The fee is $5.00, and the check may take up to five business days to be completed. Please note our background check covers only our agency records. For a State background check, please get in touch with the Department of Public Safety at 505-827-9181


How can I get a full police report?

You must get a subpoena through an attorney or fill out paperwork at the State Library and have a judge sign the subpoena. 


Where and when can I get my fingerprints done? 

The New Mexico Department of Public Safety (State Police) handles all fingerprint requests.


How can I do a ride-along? 

A packet regarding the Ride Along Program must be filled out and turned in to the department. Applicants will be contacted by support staff or a commander on the status of the application and if a date and time can be set up.


What is the number for dispatch? 



Who is in charge of patrol?

Patrol is commanded by a Police Captain. Please visit our Patrol page for more information.


How do I get a permit for an oversized load? 

Please visit the oversized load permits page under the Patrol menu or contact the Traffic Lieutenant.


What are your business hours? 

Although patrol officers are available 24 hours a day, the administrative offices are only open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


What is the waiting time for you to file a police report? 

Times can vary from ten minutes to two hours. This variation depends on the volume of calls and is prioritized by the nature of the call. 


How do I get a concealed weapon license? 

Please visit the New Mexico Department of Public Safety Website for detailed information.


Can I carry a concealed weapon if I have a concealed weapon license from another state?

Please visit the New Mexico Department of Public Safety Website for detailed information.