Customers should contact the Collections Section of the Utility Billing Division as soon as they recognize their account may become past due to avoid finance charges and other possible costs and penalties.
Property owners/Landlords have the opportunity to receive copies of tenant bills.
The Collections Section may be reached by calling (505) 955-4333.
Payments should be put in the Drop Box in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Divisions at 801 W. San Mateo, Santa Fe, NM 87505.
Mailed payments should be sent to the City of Santa Fe Utility Billing Division P.O. Box 842004, Los Angeles, CA 90084-2004, and must be received within the time periods described below.
The Collections Section can provide a list of agencies that may be able to assist customers with paying their overdue bill.
- If a bill payment due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, legal holiday, or any other day when City offices are closed, the payment due date shall be extended through the next business day.
- Delinquent accounts are assessed finance charges.
- Only property owners are eligible for payment arrangements.
- The City may discontinue water service if a customer fails to comply with the terms of a payment agreement.
- Delinquent accounts are referred to a collection agency.
- The City may file a lien on a property for a delinquent account, including any finance charges and penalties. The City will assess a penalty for the cost of placing a lien.