If you think that your account may become past due, please contact the Collections Section of the Utility Billing Division to avoid finance charges and other possible costs and penalties.
- Payments may be put in the Drop Box in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Divisions at 801 W. San Mateo, Santa Fe, NM 87505.
- Mailed payments should be sent to The City of Santa Fe Utility Billing Division P.O. Box 842004, Los Angeles, CA 90084-2004, and received within the periods described below:
- If a bill payment due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, legal holiday, or any other day when City offices are closed, the payment due date shall be extended through the next business day.
- Delinquent accounts are assessed finance charges.
- Only property owners are eligible for payment arrangements.
- The City may discontinue water service if a customer fails to comply with the terms of a payment agreement.
- Delinquent accounts are referred to a collection agency.
- The City may file a lien on a property for a delinquent account, including any finance charges and penalties. The City will assess a penalty for the cost of placing a lien.
The Collections Section can provide a list of agencies that may be able to assist customers with paying their overdue bills.