Documents may be submitted in the following ways.
US Postal Service – Mail to 801 W. San Mateo Rd. Santa Fe, NM 87505
Dropbox – Deposit documents in the drop box located in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Divisions offices (801 W. San Mateo Rd.)
NOTE: Commercial accounts must establish refuse service with the Environmental Services Division before an account can be transferred. Phone 505-955-2200 / Address 1142 Siler Rd. Santa Fe, NM 87507
NOTE: Incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed.
Leased Property / Landlord-Tenant
Tenants must sign and complete their portion of the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application and attach copies of the following documents with the submittal to have the utility services account in their name(s).
- Signed lease agreement with a minimum term of six (6) months
- Valid driver’s license or other valid government-issued photo ID
Deposits – A Customer Service Representative will contact the tenant after receiving the application to notify them of the deposit amount.
Property Owners leasing property must sign and complete their portion of the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application in English or en Español. The property owner’s account and previous tenant accounts must have a zero balance. The property owner's name on the lease must be consistent with County Records. The account will revert to the owner upon the tenant's move-out date.
Property Managers must ensure the completion of all property owner information, provide their contact information, and sign the application. A copy of the Agreement between the property owner and the property manager must be attached.
A Request to Revert Services from Tenant to Landlord Form must be completed, signed, and submitted to the Utility Billing Division. This form may be completed by either property owners or tenants. However, if the move-out date is different than that on the original lease, proof both parties agreed to a changed move-out date is required. (i.e., a subsequent lease or lease addendum)
NEW PROPERTY OWNERS / Buyer-SELLER
The New Owner Account Transfer Form may not be submitted online at this time. Customers may complete it online (or print and complete it) and submit it by mail or by using the Drop Box in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Divisions building. If a customer is able to scan the document, they may submit it by email to email@example.com.
Starting or Transferring Services-Buyer
Starting or transferring service in connection with the purchase of a property requires submission of:
(1) the fully completed New Owner Account Transfer Form signed by Buyer and Seller (incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed);
(2) a copy of the recorded deed that transfers title to the property subject to the account transfer request (which may be obtained from the Santa Fe County Clerk’s office or from a local title company);
(3) a copy of a valid government-issued photo identification (e.g., Social Security card, driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID card, military ID); and
(4) full payment of ANY past due balance(s) in the Buyer’s name for utility services provided to the Buyer at other addresses within the City of Santa Fe.
Stopping or transferring service in connection with the sale of a property requires submission of:
the fully completed New Owner Account Transfer Form signed by Seller and Buyer (incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed). This includes providing a forwarding address and agreement to pay the seller’s final utility bill.
Seller and Buyer must coordinate with each other to ensure that a single completed and signed form is submitted to the Utility Billing Division.
Property Owners NOT selling their property and for all other requests, you may contact the Utility Billing Division for assistance by phone, email or letter.