Documents may be submitted in the following ways.
- Via Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Mail Utility Billing Division, 801 W. San Mateo, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Dropbox Place documents in the drop box in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Division's office at 801 W. San Mateo Road
Please note: incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed.
Leased Property / Landlord-Tenant
Tenants must sign and complete their portion of the following documents with the submittal to have the utility services account in their name:
- Complete their portion of the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application in English or en Español.
- Signed lease agreement with a minimum term of six (6) months
- Valid driver's license or other valid government-issued photo ID
A Customer Service Representative will contact the tenant after receiving the application to notify them of the deposit amount.
Property Owners leasing property must:
- Sign and complete their portion of the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application in English or en Español.
- Both the property owner's and the previous tenant's accounts must have a zero balance.
- The property owner's name on the lease must be consistent with County Records.
The account will revert to the owner upon the tenant's move-out date.
Property Managers must:
- Complete the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application in English or en Español.
- Provide a copy of the agreement between the property owner and the property manager.
A Request to Revert Services from Tenant to Landlord Form must be completed, signed, and submitted to the Utility Billing Division. Either property owners or tenants may complete this form. Please note: if the move-out date is different than the original lease, proof that both parties agreed to a changed move-out date is required. (i.e., a subsequent lease or lease addendum)
New Property Owners / Buyer-Seller
Complete the New Owner Account Transfer Form and submit it via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Utility Billing Division, 801 W. San Mateo, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Dropbox: Place documents in the drop box in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Division's office at 801 W. San Mateo Road
Starting or Transferring Services-Buyer
Starting or transferring service in connection with the purchase of a property requires the submission of the following documents:
- A completed New Owner Account Transfer Form signed by Buyer and Seller (incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed)
- A copy of the recorded deed that transfers title to the property subject to the account transfer request (which may be obtained from the Santa Fe County Clerk's office or a local title company)
- A copy of valid government-issued photo identification (e.g., Social Security card, driver's license, passport, state-issued ID card, military ID)
- Full payment of ANY past due balance(s) in the Buyer's name for utility services provided to the Buyer at other addresses within the City of Santa Fe
Stopping or transferring service in connection with the sale of a property requires submission of:
- A completed New Owner Account Transfer Form signed by Seller and Buyer. This includes providing a forwarding address and agreement to pay the seller's final utility bill.
- Seller and Buyer must coordinate to ensure that a single completed and signed form is submitted to the Utility Billing Division.